[AMBER] tleap command for disulfide bonds: for chain A and Chain B ???

From: Siddharth Rastogi <siddharthrastogi08.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 19:19:28 -0600

Dear AMBER users,

In my protein of interest, there are two chains A & B.
In chain A, there are several Cysteine residues disulfide bonded with in the
same chain. Also the same for chain B Cys residues.

In the PDB file, to make the disulfide bridges, I changed all the CYS to CYX
and then proceeded for tleap with the following commands:

> NF = loadpdb NF.pdb
  Added missing heavy atom: .R<CGLY 197>.A<OXT 8>
  total atoms in file: 1511
  Leap added 1438 missing atoms according to residue templates:
       1 Heavy
       1437 H / lone pairs
> bond NF.7.SG NF.31.SG
> bond NF.10.SG NF.60.SG
> bond NF.28.SG NF.82.SG
> bond NF.32.SG NF.84.SG
> bond NF.59.SG NF.87.SG

(for the first one where NF is UNIT, 7 is the residue number in chain A and
SG is the atom && NF is UNIT, 31 is the residue number in chain A and SG is
the atom)
These are all Cys atoms bonded in Chain A.

But when I tried with the Chain B residues, the tleap complains like
follows:

> bond NF.3.SG NF.51.SG
bond: Argument #1 is type String must be of type: [atom]
usage: bond <atom1> <atom2> [order]

(for the first one where NF is UNIT, 3 is the residue number in chain B and
SG is the atom && NF is UNIT, 51 is the residue number in chain B and SG is
the atom)

In the PDB file, I have re-checked the two atoms from the Cys-3 and Cys-51
from chain B. It all like that of chain A.
But tleap doesnt understand this. Why ??

Is there any tricky way to give the input in tleap/xleap for chain-A and
chain-B diferentially?

Thank you for your suggestions.

--
Siddharth Rastogi