Re: [AMBER] Serial Installation

From: Sudeep Narayan Banerjee <sudeep.bose.res.in>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:59:47 +0530

Dear John,

     Since it is a 64-bit machine, you have rightly chose g95 as your
compiler, but did you mentioned the environment variables in the properly?
If you are using bash shell, use export instead of set.
 export AMBERHOME=/path/to/amber10
 export PATH=$AMBERHOME/exe:$PATH
 Warning-- do not forget the $PATH at the end of the second statement or it
will completely overwrite your path and you won't be able to find any
executables (i.e. vi, rm, mv, etc.)!
   Then source the bashrc file. If you have properly given the
environmental variables, do echo $AMBERHOME, it should give you the proper
path.
   You should be able to compile amber on any platform that has a working
fortran and C compiler. Try with g77 or gfortran. I believe it should
resolve your issue.

Good Luck!
Sudeep Narayan Banerjee
System Administrator
S N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
India.