Re: [AMBER] Lennard-Jones Parameters in prmtop

From: Dean Cuebas <deancuebas.missouristate.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 13:04:52 -0600

Dear Fatima,

I use 0.15M KCl in my work... I look at intracellular enzymes. I used the 08
ion parameters simply to be current, not because I needed them because of
precipitation problems at very high concentrations of salt with the default
ion parameter set.

Good luck,
Dean

Dr. Dean Cuebas, Associate Prof of Chemistry
deancuebas.missouristate.edu, Ph 417-836-8567 FAX 417-836-5507
Dept. of Chemistry, Missouri State University
Springfield, Missouri 65897

> From: fatima chami <fatima.chami.durham.ac.uk>
> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 18:27:41 -0600
> Subject: Re: [AMBER] Lennard-Jones Parameters in prmtop
>

> Hi,
>
> I am just wondering whether you have managed to use the newly optimized
> parameters for ions to model higher concentration of salt > 0.2M
>
> I would have to do it the same way as your while using Amber 9
>
> Many thanks
> Fati
>
> On 18/01/2010 01:53, "Jianhui Tian" <jianhuitian.gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Dr. Cuebas,
>>
>> Thanks for this reply. I will take a look at Cheatham's JPCB 2008 paper.
>> What can I do if I dont have amber10? Is there a way to get ions08.lib and
>> frcmod.ionsjb_XXXXXX? Are they compatible with amber9?
>> Still I wonder how the Lennard-Jones-Acoef and Lennard-Jones-Bcoef are
>> calculated. Many thanks for clarification.
>>
>> Jianhui
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Dean Cuebas
>> <deancuebas.missouristate.edu>wrote:
>>
>>> Why don't you use just use the more complete and current parameters from
>>> Cheatham's group (2008) that already comes with amber10?
>>>
>>> in leap:
>>>
>>> loadoff ions08.lib
>>> loadamberparams frcmod.ionsjc_XXXXXX
>>>
>>> where you choose the below water model you desire.
>>>
>>> frcmod.ionsjc_spce
>>> frcmod.ionsjc_tip3p