Re: [AMBER] can nmode run in parallel from

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 14:46:25 -0500

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010, xueqin pang wrote:

> I am running Nmode on a bigger system. And the minimization takes
> extremely long (about 50 steps per cpu hour ). So is there any way
> to run it in parallel form?

No. But see the following paper for an alternative:

%A R.A. Brown
%A D.A. Case
%T Second derivatives in generalized Born theory
%J J. Comput. Chem.
%V 27
%P 1662-1675
%D 2006

See especially Table 10. Also, if you are just doing minimization, you can
use the xmin minimizer in NAB. You don't say which minimizer you are using
in nmode: if it is Newton Raphson, it should take far fewer than 50 steps to
converge. Maybe you don't have a good enough starting structure(?)

...dac