Re: [AMBER] Install problem

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:50:15 -0500

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010, John E. Kerrigan wrote:

> One item to consider when setting up ambertools (amber11) with amber10
> as separate directories. When you use mm_pbsa, you will need to create
> a symbolic link in the amber11/src directory back to the mm_pbsa
> directory in the amber10/src directory. You will also need to create
> symbolic links to make_crd_hg between amber10/bin and amber11/bin as
> well as sander too.

Can you say why any of this is necessary? We set AmberTools 1.3 to unpack
into a new directory to avoid messing up what you might already have under
an amber10 directory. So mm_pbsa should continue to work as before, as far
as I can see. Am I missing something here? (e.g. do you not have an earlier
version of AmberTools installed, in the amber10 tree?)

[Among other things, what you describe sounds likely to break things when
Amber11 is eventually released, since that will completely populate the
"amber11" tree; symbolic links like you suggest back to amber10 would end up
with a nasty mixing of amber10 and amber11 trees....]

...dac