Re: [AMBER] sqm failed to fail

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:11:39 -0500

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010, Alan wrote:

> But, for my surprise, on Linux (AT 1.3 with gcc, 64 bits)

> 3.1 QM CALCULATION INFO
>
> QMMM: SINGLET STATE CALCULATION
> QMMM: RHF CALCULATION, NO. OF DOUBLY OCCUPIED LEVELS = 6
>
> [snip]
>
> QMMM: QM Region Cartesian Coordinates (*=link atom)
> QMMM: QM_NO. MM_NO. ATOM X Y Z
> QMMM: 1 1 O -18.5780 27.2260 13.4290
> QMMM: 2 2 O -17.7590 27.9890 16.9560
> QMMM: 3 3 -18.1050 27.7320 15.1890

We'll look into this.

> QMMM: WARNING!
> QMMM: Unable to achieve self consistency to the tolerances specified
> QMMM: No convergence in SCF after 1000 steps.
> QMMM: Job will continue with unconverged SCF. Warning energies

You probably should consider applying bugfix.1, which will make this a fatal
failure.

> And the sqm.in in both machines is the SAME:
>
> Run semi-empirical minimization
> &qmmm
> qm_theory='AM1', grms_tol=0.0002,
> tight_p_conv=1, scfconv=1.d-10, qmcharge=0,
> /
> 8 O1 -18.5780 27.2260 13.4290
> 8 O2 -17.7590 27.9890 16.9560
> 92 U -18.1050 27.7320 15.1890

I get yet a third error output from this input (on a Mac):

QMMM: ERROR-number of electrons: 29 is more
QMMM: than 2xnorbs of: 9
QMMM: Check qmcharge in qmmm namelist and rerun
QMMM: the calculation.

Ross or Andreas: looks like there is probably some random garbage being
created when an unsupported atom is found.

Thanks for the report ....dac