Re: RE: [AMBER] How to avoid Zn parametrization?

From: Andrew Voronkov <drugdesign.yandex.ru>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:08:48 +0300

Ok. Thank you and thank Ross Walker for previous reply.
Zn atom is definitely is not in the binding site. Probably it can influence geometry of whole protein in inappropriate way if I parametrize it as ion, not bound. But I ll try to simulate the binding of known inhibitors to check if there are some crucial changes in protein geometry.

PS the parametrization of Zn bound to amino acids is an interesting task, probably I ll try to do it in future, but it requires pretty much time, and what I need to do now is just check the probability of ligand to bind the binding site by MD\MM-PBSA.

Best regards,
Andrew