Re: [AMBER] problem with MM-PBSA

From: Maryam Hamzehee <maryam_h_7860.yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 11:43:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi
I am going to describe what I have done in detail. I did the MD simulation for the complex of protein-protein, subsequently the trajectory file (*.mdcrd) was produced, then I used the MM-PBSA in order to calculate the binding energy for complex of two proteins. As I mentioned before, I would like to determine the effect of important amino acids (in active site) on binding affinity, to this end I mutated amino acids to alanine (alanine scanning method)in my ligand; *.prmtop and *.inpcrd files for ligand, receptor and complex as well as solvated form of complex as implemented in tutorial 3 (advanced) were prepared. Then the necessary changes were considered in extract_coords.mmpbsa file such as number of atoms (NTOTAL, NSTRAT, NSTOP, etc) according to the mutated form of protein. I used the following command to obtain snapshots,

$AMBERHOME/exe/mm_pbsa.pl extract_coords.mmpbsa > extract_coords.log

I used the trajectory file of wild type of protein (*.mdcrd). After production of snapshots, I used the command shown below for the purpose of calculating the binding energy,
$AMBERHOME/exe/mm_pbsa.pl binding_energy.mmpbsa > binding_energy.log

But I got the high value for GBTOT and PBTOT, could you please help me in this regard,

Thank you in advance,

Maryam