Re: [AMBER] Number of Cycles

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:55:31 -0500

Hi Carlos,
Sorry, but I don't understand the problem here... Changing the processor
count should have close to zero impact on what is happening in the runs (not
completely true, as increasing the processor count probably does ever so
slightly increase rounding error in the force summation). In the case of
the restart files, unless there is a disaster the only one you should be
interested in ever is the last one written, always the last step executed.
So perhaps there is additional grief with things like REMD or LES that you
are more involved with? I need to understand why you would say this, so I
can understand and attempt to fix any real limitations.
Regards - Bob
(I change processor count all the time, really...)