Re: [AMBER] Re: COOH troubling

From: Jio M <jiomm.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:21:24 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for reply:

>What is the spin multiplicity when you did QM

> calculation?

It is singlet and charge to be zero. I used GAUSSIAN03 for input of structure.

regards;

JIomm

>Dear Jiomm

>Your structure is definitely incorrect. You cannot have a carbonyl (C=O) as

>part of an aromatic ring system.

>Either get rid of the double bond and add a negative charge to make a

phenolate ion, or make a C-O-H by adding a hydrogen to the oxygen to make a

phenolic group, like you have on the opposite side of your anthracene ring

system.

--
Dr. Dean Cuebas, Associate Prof of Chemistry
deancuebas.missouristate.edu, Ph 417-836-8567 FAX 417-836-5507