Re: [AMBER] Re: COOH troubling

From: Dean Cuebas <deancuebas.missouristate.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 18:00:40 -0600

Dear Jiomm

Your structure is definitely incorrect. You cannot have a carbonyl (C=O) as
part of an aromatic ring system.

Either get rid of the double bond and add a negative charge to make a
phenolate ion, or make a C-O-H by adding a hydrogen to the oxygen to make a
phenolic group, like you have on the opposite side of your anthracene ring
system.
--
Dr. Dean Cuebas, Associate Prof of Chemistry
deancuebas.missouristate.edu, Ph 417-836-8567 FAX 417-836-5507