Re: [AMBER] check MAXPR in locmem.f error on minimization

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:29:41 -0500

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009, Jodi Hadden wrote:

> I am trying to run a minimization of a solid glucose cluster with
> extra points (lone pairs on the oxygens) in Amber 11.
>
> On 2 cpus, the minimization runs for 1500 steps and then dies with the
> following error:
>

> * NB pairs 248 161448 exceeds capacity ( 161500) 0
> SIZE OF NONBOND LIST = 161500
> SANDER BOMB in subroutine nonbond_list
> Non bond list overflow!
> check MAXPR in locmem.f
>
> I have tried the suggestion by Ross Walker to change the locmem.f line
> maxpr_float = natom * (cutoffnb + skinnb)**3 / 3.0d0
> maxpr_float = max(natom * (cutoffnb + skinnb)**3 / 3.0d0,500000)
> and recompile, but I still get the same error.

That is because that line of code is only executed when numextra == 0, which
is not true for your case. Try modifying the assignment to maxpr_float two
lines below that.

> The suggestion by Dave Case to change
> maxpr_float = natom * (cutoffnb + skinnb)**3 / 3.0d0
> maxpr_float = natom * (cutoffnb + skinnb)**3 / 2.5d0
> was already implemented in the current version of Amber and so was unnecessary.

Make the 2.5 value even smaller; sander is trying to estimate the number of
nonbonded interactions, but the estimates may not be valid for solid
glucose with lots of extra points.

Is there a reason you are not using pmemd?

....dac