Re: [AMBER] Is it taking too much time

From: Nicolas SAPAY <nicolas.sapay.cermav.cnrs.fr>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:00:58 +0100

> Dear Nicolas,
> My simulation is giving more or less similar time result.
> With a system 15500 atoms in a single processor system of 2.66 GHz (0.8 nm
> with PME) in a fedora 9 OS with GNU compiler it is taking 6 hours to
> complete 150 ps simulation. My computer has 4 processors but the job is
> running in 1 processor only. By any means can I distribute by jobs in all
> the processors.

If you want to do something else that minimization, you must run your jobs
on several procs :)
To do that, you need a message passing interface (MPI) as well as
recompiling Amber. Common MPIs are MPICH2 and LAMMPI. You can install them
with a yum command. Do not install both! Install only one of them. I also
recommend you to have a look in the Amber manual and in the mailing list
archives. There is plenty of information about running Amber in parallel.

Nicolas