[AMBER] A bug in LEaP II ?

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 13:58:36 +0100

Dr Case, dear All,

Around two weeks ago, I sent the email below, about a possible bug in
t/x-LEaP:
It was about using the "P1.off" FF library. No answer.

I did more tests & it looks like when using the anomer beta of P1.off
(i.e. Q1.off) there is no bug. Please, find attached (again) this
P1.off FF library (anomer alpha) and the new Q1.off (beta anomer).
When using the beta-anomer Q1.off in the LEaP script below, all work
just perfectly independently of using the "copy" command; (obviously
after replacing "P" by "Q" in this script). However, we still have the
problem reported when using P1.off: the glycosidic connection is
inverted and the first unit cycle is modified.

The "diff Q1.off P1.off" command provides what one would expect: name
differences between P1 & Q1 + expected Cartesian coordinate
differences (for the 2 atoms inverted because of using the "flip
chirality" command).

This is obviously not a general problem related to alpha anomers since
we have other FF libraries describing alpha anomers and we do not have
this problem...

Any idea of the problem ?
Do you think a correction will be available in the AmberTools 1.3 ?

regards, Francois

----- Forwarded message from fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org -----