Re: [AMBER] software to hydrate protein pockets

From: Alessandro Nascimento <al.s.nascimento.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:50:05 -0200

Why don't you simulate the protein in (explicit, obviously) water
environment and compute the residence time for water molecules within
the area of interest? Will take a longer time, but looks (to me) more
interesting approach....

hth,

--Alessandro

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Vlad Cojocaru
<Vlad.Cojocaru.eml-r.villa-bosch.de> wrote:
> Dear Amber users,
>
> Does anyone know a software (free for academics) to hydrate protein pockets
> ? To be more precise, I am interested in a program that can use the force
> field parameters (amber or other) and calculate favorable positions of
> waters inside close pockets in proteins or other types of molecules ...
>
> Thanks for any suggestions
> Best wishes
> Vlad

> Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
>
> EML Research gGmbH
> Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
> 69118 Heidelberg
>
> Tel: ++49-6221-533202
> Fax: ++49-6221-533298
>
> e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]eml-r.villa-bosch.de
>
> http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/

> EML Research gGmbH
> Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
> Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira
> Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
> http://www.eml-r.org

[ ]s
--alessandro