[AMBER] Replacing DNA base with analog

From: <amoreno.wesleyan.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:20:08 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to preform a 10ns molecular dynamics simulation on duplex DNA
containing a base analog. I have the frcmod for the base analog
nucleotide and the prep file. I have tried deleting all atoms for the
base I want to replace and changing the backbone atoms name to that of the
analog. I then ran this through tLEAP. The result was tleap generating a
file with the base not bonded to the backbone. Does anyone have any
suggestions? or a better way to insert a base analog into the DNA

thanks