Re: [AMBER] RE: charge not zero on group:''''.respin1 attached

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 08:41:17 +0100

Dear Jiomm,

> Thanks BEN for the reply but I didnt understand fully what you
> suggested. Now I have attached .respin1 file also {note I have removed
> one blank line space as it was suggested in archive}

This eda_v.respin1 input seems correct.

You also need to create the second RESP input, recomputing the charges
of the 2 methylene groups and freezing the atoms involved in the
intra-molecular charge constraint & those of the NH2 group.

You might read:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.php#3
section "General information about charge fitting"

You might also look at the F-1 project in R.E.DD.B.
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-1/
& the corresponding RESP inputs
However, this F-1 R.E.DD.B. project is a little more complicated than
yours & you will find nmol=4 structures (4 orientations; as nmol > 1
in this case, we need to jump a line before defining the
intra-molecular charge constraints). As you can see there are several
intra-molecular charge constraints defined in the 1st RESP input. All
the corresponding charge values are frozen in the second RESP stage,
while the charges of the methyl groups are recomputed & equivalenced
in the second RESP stage (You do not need to define an
"Inter-molecular charge equivalencing" section in your case as nmol=1).

I hope this helps.

regards, Francois