Re: [AMBER] Compiling and running NAB programs in parallel using MPI

From: Kaushik Raha <chemvishnu.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:48:11 +0100

Dr. Case,

I am very interested in using the LMOD package for conformational search of
protein-ligand complexes. But currently it seems like these calculations are
very expensive. LMOD seems to be using xmin for the minimization part so I
was interested in its parallelization. Do you have any other suggestions for
speeding up these calculations besides parallelization? For example, I have
noticed in the lmod example of beta_secretase, the gb cutoffs are very
liberal (cut=99, rgbmax=99). Shorter cutoffs would obviously speed up the
calculations so I was wondering if there is a physical reason behind these
cutoffs w.r.t an LMOD calculation, in the example? I also came across some
problems with running a gbsa (gbsa=1 to include the non-polar part)
calculation on protein-ligand complexes. The problem appears to be in LCPO
routine for the non-standard ligand. The ligand parameters were calculated
with antechamber and it seems fine with just a GB calculation. So I was
wondering if there is a known bug? Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
Kaushik