Re: [AMBER] Trying to patch amber 9

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:58:48 +0100

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009, Jack Shultz wrote:

> $ patch -p0 -N -r patch_rejects < bugfix.all
> patching file `src/ptraj/ptraj.c'
> Assertion failed: hunk, file patch.c, line 321

This appears to be some problem with patch, not with our files. Do a "which
patch" to make sure you are running the correct executable. What OS are you
using? It's possible that line endings in the patch file might not match your
system -- use a text editor to be sure that the bugfix.all file looks OK.

Even with bad input, patch should not exit with an assertion failure. And, I
just re-verified that the patch file for Amber9 works fine for me. So
something weird is happening here.

...dac