Re: [AMBER] Residues

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 22:13:53 +0100

> I had used the following
> set q1 tail q1.1.atom name
> I had made the connections by defining a new tail each time and make the
> connectivity .In my pdb file obtained after minimization from the topology
> and coordinate files has TER cards separating each of fragment .

Since pdb is a linear format (one residue follows another), it will
be impossible to have 3 residues immediately following an initial one.

Assuming r1 is bonded to r2,r3,r4:

E.g. if your residue order in the pdb is r1, r2, r3, r4, r1-r2 are
bonded so no TER between them. But r3 is not bonded to r2, so there
needs to be a TER between them. And so on.

Bill