Re: [AMBER] Fix the local structure as a rigid body

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:41:04 +0100

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009, Carlos Simmerling wrote:

> > I want to fix the local structure (12 to 15, and 18 to 20) as a
> > rigid body. Is my input file correct?
> >
> > restraintmask=’:12-15,18-20’,

Just to be clear: this restraintmask will keep the absolute positions of
residues 12-15 and 18-20 fixed. This of course will keep any secondary
structure in that region intact, but it will also fix the relative positions
of residues 12-15 with respect to residues 18-20. If that is what you want,
you should be OK.

...dac