[AMBER] unit of force constant

From: aneesh cna <aneeshcna.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 06:06:50 +0100

Dear amber users,

             I am trying to generate force field parameters for some organic
molecules. After frequency calculation in gaussian package, I am trying to
convert force constant, corresponding to the bond stretching or angle
bending, to corresponding units in the Amber (i.e, kcal/mol/A**2 or
kcal/mol/rad**2) . *How one can get force constant in radians* ?. Even
though I tried calculating for some common molecules also, but I can't able
to get a value close to Amber values or other literature reported ones.
Even for bond force constant also I am getting some huge values. Can I
missing something during the unit conversion of force constant which is
expressed in mdyne/A in gaussain output? . Can anyone help me in figure out
this problem. Waiting for your valuble reply

Thanks in Advance
Aneesh