Re: [AMBER] use of random seed in multiple runs

From: Naser Alijabbari <na3m.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 16:30:55 +0100

Previously have read a discussion the archives that large prime numbers are
better seeds ( http://archive.ambermd.org/200903/0336.html). Does anyone
have any experience with using large prime numbers, and how large is large
enough (for example ig=103577 vs ig =99999989 which the limit of ig
variable). Don't prng do better using prime numbers?