[AMBER] atom type

From: Taufik Al-Sarraj <taufik.alsarraj.utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 02:03:14 +0100

Hi,

I have a molecule that i would like to use in my simulation, i can get
the missing parameters from Antechamber, but i prefer to get the charges
from antechamber but use the forcefield already defined in gaff.dat.
However, in xleap i get missing parameters
Checking parameters for unit 'smcc'.
Checking for bond parameters.
Checking for angle parameters.
Could not find angle parameter: c3 - n3 - c2
Could not find angle parameter: c3 - n3 - c2
Could not find angle parameter: n3 - c2 - c3
Could not find angle parameter: n3 - c2 - o
Could not find angle parameter: n3 - c2 - c3
Could not find angle parameter: n3 - c2 - o
There are missing parameters.
check: Warnings: 4
Unit is OK.

i looked at the 'Development and Testing of a General Amber Force Field'
article and i am still not sure why would gaff not have the above
parameters unless there is something wrong with my atom types or my
structure. What is the atom type of a nitrogen connected to three
carbons? as far as i can tell it should be n3.

also, since i sent the mol2 file, the bond between c2 and o is a double
bond, shouldn't there be a number 2 in the fourth column under
.<TRIPOS>BOND? unless the number in the fourth column is inconsequential
since the bond force and length in the forcefield file is what matters.

Thank you for your help,
Taufik