Re: [AMBER] Installation directory

From: Atro Tossavainen <atro.tossavainen+amber.helsinki.fi>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 09:10:34 +0100

> FWIW, we NFS export filesystems with such apps as Amber from an AIX
> machine after we build them on another platform (e.g., Linux). The
> directory structures are significantly different on the two OSs, at
> least here.

You want to export the filesystem from the server to the Linux machine
on which you will be building AMBER in read/write mode and build *on
NFS* in the final destination (rather than doing it locally and copying
it over when you're done), then when you're done, make the server
export it in R/O mode to all clients.

Or you might want to mimic the paths of the eventual NFS export locally
on the Linux box while doing this.

Or use OpenAFS and get rid of the whole NFS mess altogether.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,