RE: [AMBER] amber9 in fedora10

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 00:22:20 +0100

Hi Bala,

> I am installing amber9 on a system running with Fedora10. I got the
> following error when i gave 'make serial'. I didnt find any question on
> this
> error in the mail list archieve. kindly write me what is going wrong.
> The
> config.h is attached above.
>
> I created the config file with the command: ./configure -bintraj
> gfortran
>
> netcdf.f90:(.text+0x18a5): undefined reference to `nf_inq_varid_'
> ../netcdf/lib/libnetcdf.a(netcdf.o): In function
> `__netcdf_MOD_nf90_rename_var':
> netcdf.f90:(.text+0x1af5): undefined reference to `nf_rename_var_'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [sander] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/amber9/src/sander'
> make: *** [serial] Error 2

This suggests that netcdf may have been compiled with a different compiler
than you are using for AMBER. Did you definitely make clean before you
started?

Another quick fix, if making clean does not work, would be to run configure
without the -bintraj option. You will lose the ability to use binary
trajectories but this at least get things compiled for you.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/