[AMBER] Using AMBER force fields in NAMD

From: Michael Zimmermann <michaelz.iastate.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:25:56 +0100

Dear AMBER community,

I wish to use the AMBER98 force field for some MD studies, but already have
code written to run my molecules in NAMD. I have been using CHARM22 force
field and topology files so far. I know NAMD will use AMBER force fields if
setup properly, but I cannot find the AMBER98 topology file. I have
downloaded 'amber10.ffparms.tar.bz2' and in the 'parm' folder found
'parm98.dat' which looks like the force field parameters. Do any of you
know how to generate or where to find the proper topology file for NAMD?
Or, if it is needed when using AMBER forces?

Thank you,

Michael Zimmermann