Re: [AMBER] Density in MD simulation

From: Ibrahim Moustafa <I.moustafa.psu.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 00:26:46 +0100

Hi Dr, Carlos,

  Thanks for your reply. The density is expected to be slightly higher than
water for protein solution. I got concerned because the system is very close
to previous simulations where the density was fluctuating around values
nearer to 1.000 and I'm using the same protocol for the simulation.
 It should be mentioned that, in tutorials as well as in many published
simulations, authors, usually, report that the density fluctuates around
values not that far from 1.00 (definitely < 1.04). Also, personally, I heard
from some modelers that for a good simulation run the density should be very
close to unity!. I used to argue against that; I think what is more
important is the stability of density during simulations rather than its
exact value.

  Thanks,
 Ibrahim