Re: [AMBER] why amber10/dat/leap/gleap/ and amber10/dat/leap/parm

From: Wei Zhang <zgjzweig.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:24:47 +0100

Hi Alan,

     The different file exists because the original file (file in
directory
amber10/dat/leap/parm) has some minor problems

     For example, in parm99.dat there is the following improper torsion:

      X -X -CA-H5 1.1 180. 2.

However, there is no parameter for bond CA-H5, which means this
entry will never be referenced.

      tleap/xleap will ignore these entries, but sleap cannot ignore
them
it will stop for the error. Therefore I created other files in the
directory
amber10/dat/leap/gleap. which does not contain there entries.

    Since the files just differ by some entries which will never be
used,
it will not affect the resulted topology file.

    However, it is still a problem. I am working on now, and the new
release of AmberTools will only have one set of parameter files.

     Sincerely,

     Wei