[AMBER] prmtop residue format

From: <taufik.alsarraj.utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 21:04:25 +0100

Hi,
I am using top2mol2 to convert amber files *.prmtop (*.inpcrd or
*.rst) to create mol2 files. I notice that my residue names are
changing every time i do this.
In the original mol2 file, the residues are Sur, Smcc, A5 DT DT etc
after salvation with xleap and a minimization with sander i use
top2mol2 to create a new mol2 file. I found the reason why my residue
names are changing is because in *.prmtop file only three characters
are used for residues. prmtop also adds a number to every residue. so
Sur becomes ur1 then ur1 becomes r11 and so on.
can i control this? or do i have to modify the mol2 files with a script?

my work consist of taking a mol2 file to create prmtop and inpcrd files
run an igb minimization and create a mol2 from prmtop and rst files
take the second mol2 and solvate in xleap, create new prmtop and inpcrd files
run 2nd minimization and create a mol2 file from prmtop and rst files
view the new mol2 file

thank you,
Taufik

%FLAG RESIDUE_LABEL
%FORMAT(20a4)
ur1 MC2 A53 DT4 DT5 DT6 DT7 DG8 DT9 C10 T11 G12 A13 A14 A15 C16 C17
C18 T19 G20
321 +22 +23 +24 +25 +26 +27 +28 +29 +30 +31 +32 +33 +34 +35 +36 +37
+38 +39 WAT
WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT
WAT WAT WAT