Re: [AMBER] TI production runs stop after a certain Step number

From: Ilyas Yildirim <yildirim.pas.rochester.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 20:08:31 +0100

I am not sure if this will help you, but I had similar problems when using
4 CPUs in TI runs in amber 9. We bought a new machine with 8 core and I
never had any issue in the TI runs using this new machine (either using 4
or 8 CPUs). The problem in my case was that it was stopping the runs
without giving an error in the outputs. There was error messages in the
log files, though. As far as I understood, it was about the mpich2
parallel implementation. I would suggest you to install the latest MPI
implementation and see if that solves it. Also, check the log files to
see what kind of MPI error you are getting. Hope this helps. Good luck.

   Ilyas Yildirim, Ph.D.
   = Hutchison Hall B#10 - Department of Chemistry =
   = - University of Rochester =
   = 585-275-6766 (office) - =
   = http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~yildirim/ =