[AMBER] Sander Stalling

From: Steve Seibold <seibold.chemistry.msu.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 17:21:51 +0100

Hello AMBER

I have installed AMBER 8 on a new system. When I run sander the output
prints out to where it list the SIZE OF NONBOND LIST. At this point, I
can wait for an hour and nothing happens although sander is still
running. My worry is that my protein system with waters may be too
large. I have over 200,000 atoms with 54169900 nonbonded contacts. Would
a stalling at this point in the log be symptomatic of too large a
system? If so, I can compile AMBER to accept larger systems?

Thanks,

Steve