[AMBER] paper of interest for FF development/solvent models

From: David Mobley <dmobley.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:15:04 -0600

Sorry for the shameless plug, but I think those interested in FF
development/solvent models may be interested. I just wanted to point
out that my (very large) study of small molecule hydration free
energies in explicit solvent using the GAFF parameter set recently
came out in JCTC (http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ct800409d).

This was work with Chris Bayly and others; we looked at 504 different
small molecules, and invested a significant amount of effort into
looking for functional groups that are poorly described by the force
field. We also computed nonpolar components using the WCA separation;
I figure this may be of use to folks working on implicit solvent
models.

Thanks,
David Mobley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Chemistry