Re: [AMBER] NVT vs NPT

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:18:49 -0500

this is probably because most biology of relevance occurs at constant
P rather than V. the goal of a simulation is usually to help
understand a experiment (thus should be done under comparable
conditions), or to predict behavior about the true system (usually at
constant P). there are some times when constant V is needed, such as
during annealing, or comparing to some experiments.