RE: [AMBER] compiling errors

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:48:14 -0800

Hi Gard,

It would appear that you are using some network install of amber. This
version was obviously not built statically and used different compiler
versions than are on your machine. Hence you will not be able to run it and
trying to install the correct libraries etc will just be a disaster.

I would suggest installing it locally on your own machine. Alternatively
contact the person who built the network version of the code and ask them to
build it statically. Also have them check that the architecture and
operating system they built it on matches that on your machine.

All the best
Ross