RE: [AMBER] Unit 5 Error on OPEN:mdin on clustuer with mpirun

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:21:07 -0800

Hi Andrew,

> mpirun -np 256 -maxtime 1500 "$AMBERHOME/exe/sander.MPI -O -i
> gb_md1_nocut.in -o fzd9_gb_md1_nocut.out -c fzd9_gb_init_min.rst -p
> fzd9.prmtop -r fzd9_md1_nocut.rst -x fzd9_gb_md1_nocut.mdcrd </dev/null
> "

I would also think very carefully about whether you want to run on 256 cpus
here. I don't think sander.MPI even runs on this many, I think the limit is
128 and even then you will be lucky to get scaling to that. You might here
since you are doing GB if you have an infinite cut off and your system is
very large >5000 atoms at least for GB. Note you need to have more residues
than processors to run anyway. I assume this is NOT a gigiabit ethernet
cluster otherwise all bets are off.

You might also want to consider using PMEMD v10.0 which supports GB and will
give better performance and scaling than sander.

Good luck,
Ross

/\
\/