Re: [AMBER] Can bonded pair of atoms be restrainted by NMR distance restraint?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 12:55:54 -0500

yes a distance restraint can work like this, but you have lots of other
things defined in your inputs so it might help for you to remove some or all
and troubleshoot to see if a combination is the problem, for example, add
your restraint with standard MD (no belly, don't change REST, don't use
inlty, etc). also you probably don't want to use a restraint on something
that has the harmonic bond, or these two terms will "fight" each other.
perhaps you can remove the bond in leap and then use your restraint.

you probably want r1 to not match r2, but if you clearly understand what the
flatwell potential looks like, and what the energies/forces are in the
various regions between the r values, then maybe this is ok( but it's hard
to help since you don't say what distances you want it to adopt and what the
bond term wants it to be). if the initial structure is less than 3A, then
probably your problem is that r1 = r2 so there is no force.

check carefully to see what sander says in the mdout file after reading the
restraint- does is list what you think it should?