Re: [AMBER] how to set up "Two molecules tied with an Elastic band of 20A in implicit solvent"

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:33:55 -0500

first let me say that what you want to do (folding/dimerization) is
very advanced and not really for a new user, or someone just doing the
tutorials. folding a peptide is far different from concurrent
folding/aggregation.
it is possible to add such a restraint in amber- though amber10 is
much easier than amber9.
likely you should add a distance restraint using nmropt=1 on the
center of mass of the 2 peptides (using the igr1 arrays), and include
a large flat region before any penalty is applied (in your case, r3 of
20.).
as I said, this is an advanced simulation, so if the above doesn't
make sense (check p178 of the amber9 manual for the distance restraint
details) then maybe it's best to do some more basic simulations first.
good luck!

if you still want to do it, probably want to restrain the centers of
mass of the peptides.