Re: [AMBER] Heat and Equilibrate Hybrid GB solvent?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 16:21:27 -0500

yes- for all practical purposes this is a standard explicit solvent MD
run, and equilibration, dealing with pressure, etc are all the same as
you would do for any other explicitly solvated MD job. the only place
that the hybrid solvent comes into play is temporarily during the
exchange calculation- and when you're done checking exchange success,
you continue MD with the fully solvated trajectory so there is no
disruption of the solvated MD (just a change in thermostat based on a
calculation with hybrid solvent that plays NO role in the MD run).

hopefully that makes it more clear.

as an aside, I use a *much* more complicated equil procedure than 2
steps, not sure what you're doing but I would consider 2 steps to be a
possible concern.
carlos