RE: [AMBER] bad energy??!!

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:40:24 -0800

Hi Momo,

The issue of positive energies has been discussed many times before on this
list. For example:

http://archive.ambermd.org/200803/0088.html

Essentially the origin for classical molecular mechanics calculations is
arbitrary. It is also not the same for two different molecules. Hence there
is nothing inherently wrong with a positive energy.

I suggest taking a look at some introductory text books on classical force
fields.

All the best
Ross