Re: AMBER: CG and HC atoms partial charges in AMBER

From: Stephane Abel <Stephane.Abel.cea.fr>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:26:10 +0100

Thanks David for your (quick) response.

In my previous mail, I said that I used GLYCAM06 for the dodecan
molecule, because i would like to simulate, in the futur, a glycolipid
molecule (e.g. dodecyl maloside, DDM). So I constructed only the
dodecane with the CG and HC parameters available in GLYCAM06. Moreover,
in the paper of Kirschner et al. about GLYCAM06 (JCC, 29, 4, 622) CG are
considered as a sp3 atom for hydrocarbon. So do you think that i can use
only the parameters in the GLYCAM06 force field for all the DDM ? Or
should I mix GAFF and GLYCAM for the alkyl tail and the maltose
headgroup, respectively ?

Thank you for your response.