Re: AMBER: Minimisation and heating under GB conditions

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 06:29:25 -0500

that seems extremely simplistic to me- I usually use a much more
complex equilibration protocol.
I also use a 1fs step during equil, and restraints that are turned off
slowly. I also use no cutoff in GB.
I find that heating starting at 0 can produce serious problems (you
are scaling V an infinite amount),
so I start at 100K and heat from there. that minimizes the effect of
any hot spots. use shake and either 1fs step or 1fs + respa.
if your structure came out ok then maybe this is fine, but things in
GB tend to be more sensitive to equil because of the lack of the
solvent cage keeping the initial structure.

also I STRONGLY recommend against igb=1. we've published several
papers (as have others) showing that this is not a good option. I
recommend igb=5 and mbondi2 radii.