AMBER: Trouble compiling Amber 9 leap programs on SGI Altix system

From: John Finke <finke.oakland.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:05:57 -0500

I have been having trouble compiling the leap programs.

To simplify the compiling situation, I have been attempting to compile the
leap program individually using the ifort compiler (I get the same error
when I compile the entire AMBER 9 program as well).

"cd $AMBERHOME/src/leap/src/leap"

"make clean"

"make"

The program compiles up to a point but the followin error occurs which kills
the compilation.

icc -c -I/usr/X11R6/include -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -O2
-o xTank.o xTank.c
xTank.c(62): catastrophic error: could not open source file
"X11/IntrinsicP.h" #include <X11/IntrinsicP.h>
                                    ^

compilation aborted for xTank.c (code 4)
make: *** [xTank.o] Error 4

Any suggestions on how to locate this IntrinsicP.h file or comment out the
lines which are killing the compilation?

Thanks,

John Finke