Re: AMBER: Optimal compiling of amber on XT3

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 01:31:49 -0400

Hello Patrick,
You probably want to run pmemd for most of your amber simulations on an xt3.
You could probably also configure and run the rest of amber, but I don't
have that information readily available, as my account on an xt3 is inactive
at the moment. However, for pmemd, just do:

cd $AMBERHOME/src/pmemd
./configure cray_xt3 pgf90 mpi pubfft
make install

The last time I checked, it was better to not use the binary trajectory file
capability (which would have been made available by adding "bintraj" at the
end of the configure line) on this type of machine, as the lustre file
system did not really do all that well in that mode (and you would have to
either find netcdf on the machine or get it built as part of amber). I'll
have to check into this again for you all if file i/o is an issue on
sapphire (I don't know this particular machine).

Let me know if you have any problems, and give my best to Ken!

Best Regards - Bob Duke