AMBER: atom type for carbon and nitrogen atoms

From: Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:56:06 +0800

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am interested do MD stimulations for an inorganic compound. This inorganic compound bind with isocyanide, i.e. transition metal-C(triple bond)N-(tert-Bu).

I defined the atom types for the transitional metal and the tert-Butane. However, I found atom type for C(triple bond)N cannot be defined. I run the min and md calculations by defining C and N as C2/N2 or C3/N3. The minimization finished normally, but the md simulations clash everytime.

While chemical instutation tell me that transitional metal -C(triple bond)N-Carbon should be linear, the md start to change the angle and dihedral angles automatically. I think it is because I did not define the isocyanide C atom and N atom correctly. Could anyone give me a hand to teach me how to solve this problem?

patd.