AMBER: problem with amber8 installation

From: <moitrayee.mbu.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:52:40 +0530 (IST)

Dear all,

I am trying to install Amber8 and facing the following error when doing make
serial:
Starting installation of Amber8 (serial) at Fri Oct 24 17:41:39 IST 2008.
mkdir ../exe
mkdir: cannot create directory `../exe': File exists
make: [serial] Error 1 (ignored)
cd lib; make install
make[1]: Entering directory `/soft/amber8/src/lib'
ifort -o new2oldparm new2oldparm.o nxtsec.o
IPO link: can not find "("
ifort: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)
make[1]: *** [new2oldparm] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/soft/amber8/src/lib'
make: *** [serial] Error 2

I also have sourced ifort before installation. Please help regarding this problem.
Thank you very much.

Sincere Regards,
Moitrayee

believed to be clean.