Re: AMBER: Installation Error

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:35:19 -0400

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008, Jagan Mohan wrote:

> Thanks a lot scott... It worked... Do AMBER 10 bug fixes be applied to AMBER
> 9 as well... this is a 10 bug fix but it did help me in installing the v9...
> so is it the same case with all fixes...

Amber code maintenance is not as well organized as it ought to be, and many
bugfixes found for the current version don't get backported to earlier
versions of the code. For some reason, no one found or reported this
particular bug in Amber 9, so it only got fixed for Amber 10.

In general, it won't be possible to apply Amber10 fixes to Amber9, but in this
particular case, it should be fine.

...dac