AMBER: PDB standards

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:18:23 +0200

May I ask if there is any plan to update code to current PDB
standards? For example, when creating complexes with DOCK6 for
Amber10, Chimera is a quite useful intermediate vehicle. Though, atom
names like "H1" or "HD11" from Chimera are not accepted by amber, both
in Amber10 and DOCK6 amber_score, and must be transformed.As these are
not everyday procedures, one forgets how-to-do and enormous waste of
time follows, when one recognizes that neither prmtop, nor inpcrd
files for the complex are generated. I guess there may be problems of
compatibility, but present situation poses problems.
Thanks
francesco pietra