RE: AMBER: AMBER force field for glycolipid

From: Matthew Tessier <matthew.tessier.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:57:59 -0400

Dr. Abel,
The GLYCAM06 force field includes lipid parameters that are designed to work
with the existing GLYCAM06 and GLYCAM04 force fields. I can't speak to
using the ff force field for the tails, but GLYCAM06 and GLYCAM04 have been
designed to work with FF99/FF99SB for proteins. The main concern with using
the GLYCAM and FF force fields is the 1-4 scaling factor. The FF force
field uses a 1-4 scaling factor while GLYCAM does not. I've included the
reference for the GLYCAM06 Lipids force field below. Also, you may want to
consider using the latest version of GLYCAM06 which is available at
http://www.glycam.com/gl_params.html . These files should be placed in
their AMBER directories for use.

Tessier, M.B., DeMarco, M.L., Yongye, A.B., Woods, R.J. Extension of the
GLYCAM06 biomolecular force field to lipids, lipid bilayers and glycolipids.
Molecular Simulation, 34(4) 2008, pages 349-363.

Matthew Tessier
mbt3911.uga.edu
matthew.tessier.gmail.com
Woods' Lab Room 1092
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center - University of Georgia