Re: AMBER: Explanation of the energy unit ?

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 15:07:28 -0400

Hi Marek,

Carlos point is indeed valid. What you are missing here is that the
results you get are for one mole *of your system*, whatever it is. If
you system has N1 molecules of water, then the results in kcal/mol
mean y kcal in 1 mole * N1 molecules of water. Obviously, the results
from a different number of water molecules in your system will have to
be different. Of course, then, E1/N1 should be approximately equal to
E2/N2, and that's what your results show.
(http://physics.ujep.cz/~mmaly/UnitDiscussion/)

Gustavo.